The Happy Couple Have Fun in the Green Rolling Fields of Murrieta for Their Engagement Portraits
It was an absolutely gorgeous day for an even more gorgeous couple in the hills of Murrieta. The day of Tessa + Bryan’s engagement portraits was such a perfect day…there was minimal cloud coverage, a warm afternoon (but chilly blue hour!) and the grass was extra green due to all of the wonderful rain we have received. I hadn’t previously been to the Santa Rosa Plateau although I have been in the area several times, so it was great to be able to receive a special tour from the couple of their favorite places to explore. (Note: The plateau contains wildlife, so you cannot bring your animals to the location. I find it hard to enjoy the great outdoors without my pups, which is why I hadn’t been there before. BUT you’ve got to respect nature, right?! AND..Now that I have been there, I am definitely up for leaving my fur-babes at home to do some more exploring.)
We went to the furtherest point they wanted to hike to first so that we could make our way back as the sun was setting. The walk/hike was SO neat and contained all sorts of different backdrops…a photographers dream that is for sure!
The above photos were captured at around 3 PM so you can see they are nice and bright. I really enjoyed this series of captures because it was right at the beginning when they both were so excited (and probably a bit nervous…in a good way!) to be enjoying this special benchmark in their relationship. I also LOVE Tessa’s dress…absolutely GORGEOUS!
After the open air collection of captures, we then made our way back through the thick trees, meandering stream (with a bridge), and extra tall grass. I love how the couple wore their casual outfit choice for this part because it worked so well with the backdrop! These captures were SO fun (and natural!)
The next part of the session was extremely picturesque! It was hard to believe we were in SoCal. It was extra green and the views were incredible. I think I found it hard to believe this was in our backyard because with the lack of rain we have had, it has been hard to find green scenery. One of the other reasons I found this spot to be so gorgeous was because it kind of reminded me of a scene from the movie 50 First Dates when they are under the big tree, the sun is setting and there is tall grass. I always loved that part! Again, they choose a perfect outfit to make them pop against the background.
For the final portion of our session we went to the top of the rolling fields that had spectacular views. The sun had just set though, and all of the sudden it was FREEZING! It didn’t stop us though from getting some of my favorite captures of the day.
Overall, this session was one for the books. I have way too many favorites to share in one post, so you can view more by clicking here. I cannot wait for their October wedding under the olive trees. I know it will be amazing!
So you have booked your portrait session…now what? Well, we plan of course!
At AMP we take planning your session very seriously. Why you ask? Because we want your photos to not only turn out great, but we want to have some serious fun as well!
Below are a few of our Frequently Asked Questions that might be helpful in planning your session. Have a question that is not mentioned below? Send us an email or text, we will be happy to help!
- What do I wear?
- It is usually best to wear darker or bright hues, clothing with fun prints, and something that represents who you are. We strongly suggest not wearing all white as it can wash you out during the shoot (see below for an example of an engagement session exception). Side Note: Not everyone in your group needs to match exactly, but it works best when everyone is dressed in the same color family.Take note of some of the photos shared in this post. You can see what a matching outfits looks like (above), and what non-matching outfits look like (below).
- Hair/Makeup Suggestions?
- Bigger hair and more makeup works better on camera. Sometimes the bigger, the better (for hair)!
- How do I prepare?
- When planning your session, it is good if you know before booking what you want as a result of having your portraits taken. For example, it is best to know what kind of theme you want, location you envision, and what setting works best for your personality(s). You want these pictures to be a reflection of you (and your loved one(s)). Prior to our session together, we will carefully plan all of the details in effort to capture the true essence of who you are.
- How can I help prepare my little one(s) for their session?
- From our experience with the kiddos, they are most happy after a nap and once they have eaten. We suggest to bring a few of their favorite toys, and any treats that you think will incentivize them. Try not to worry too much if your kiddo gets antsy, we will just roll with it. Sometimes if you let the them explore and/or share ideas it can usually make for some cool captures!
- Can I bring props?
- Yes, props work well! Balloons, wagons, blankets, signs, etc. can all add to your session. We also have a collection of props for possible inclusion should you want them.
- Can I have specific pictures taken?
- Yes! We strongly suggest providing ideas (Pinterest is a great place to look! Keep in mind, your photos will not look exactly like the Pinterest samples because each photographer has their own unique style, however it can work as a great roadmap for inspiration.). Providing a list of picture styles you would like (example: all kids, parents with each kid, etc.) is also a great idea.
- What are your prices for prints and keepsakes?
- Print prices start at $5, and range from prints, metal prints, canvases, albums and more! There are plenty of options to choose from, and the print quality is fantastic! As an alternative, you can also order prints on your own with your preferred print vendor after purchasing your digital images.
- Any other questions?
- Please feel free to contact Allie at firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the Contact Form.
- Check out these resources for more inspiration:
Looking for some inspiration? Browse our blog to check out past sessions that might ignite some fresh ideas. Pinterest is also a great resource for planning. If you find something you love, share it with us! Have a dedicated Pinterest board? Feel welcome to add us to it and we can plan along with you. We are looking forward to your session!
SoCal has been receiving a lot of rain…The result? Gorgeous green hilltops and blankets of wild flowers!
If you are from Southern California you know we have been experiencing a lot of rain fall. Some people have hated it, while others have loved it. Me? Well, I have absolutely loved every minute of it! One of the pitfalls (in my opinion) of living in sunny SoCal is that we don’t really get to experience seasons. Our seasons generally range from 80 degrees to 90 degrees to 105 degrees. So this year as the rain began to fall, I fell in love!
As a result of all of the wet weather, we now have rolling green (rather than weed) hills and better yet, a TON of wild flowers! It has been such a treat for those of us who like to explore and have our cameras handy. Unfortunately, the flowers are starting to die off now as the weather is getting warmer, but for those of you who got to visit one of the various areas of flowers you know just how beautiful it was! For those of you who missed it…not to worry keep scrolling to see some captures. 🙂
I am fortunate to have friends (best friends really) who also are photographers (we all have our own niches too, which is so fun!). So naturally when the blooms appeared we planned a girls day to go play.
Here are a few of my favorites…
Look at this capture…I intentionally didn’t focus on Amanda + Baby Lucy because I wanted to show perspective on just how gorgeous the rolling flower fields were.
Ok…aren’t these two just way too cute for words?!
Amanda was meant to be a mamma and they already share such a special bond. <3
I also was able to snag Christa for a few photos. Her happiness in these captures put a smile on my face every time I look at them! She is such a fun model to play with (although she may not agree). As a photographer, she knows how to be playful and candid with the camera. Love it!
I also got to pose for a few photos (even though I always feel so awkward in front of the camera!…Those who can’t do…). I really loved this moment that Amanda captured! Might even be my favorite picture of me. HA! 🙂 She did a great job posing and making me look natural which I really appreciated.
I took several more photos, so if you want to check them out click here.
Let me know if you made it out to the fields. I would love to see your pictures and hear your story!
It was a gorgeous day to say “I do” on the hill top at Oak Mountain Winery in Temecula Valley
On Saturday, March 4th, Bree + Daren raised their champagne flutes, smiled with loved ones and prepared to walk down the aisle to begin their new journey. The day was chilly, but beautiful, and the hilltops were green and the flowers (and vines) were beginning to bloom.
The day went off without a hitch and everything was planned to a “T.” Which is no surprise when Events by Annette is helping to plan the day! The ceremony decor was probably among my most favorite to date. There were candles/lanterns lining the aisle, flower petals and then at the alter were two greenery backdrops with a wine barrel and gorgeous flower arrangement just in front of it. The ceiling had gorgeous white draping and the view…incredible!
The happy couple didn’t partake in a first look, but they did what I like to call a “peek-a-boo” encounter, which was such a special moment to witness!
The bridal party was oh-so-fun and portrait time was a blast! This part of the day was filled with laughs, fun poses, and IG boomerangs!
See what I mean?! Such a wonderful group!!
The reception was decorated just beautifully. Oak Mountain has multiple one-of-a-kind spaces to host a wedding, and I really enjoyed the Pavillon Ballroom. It has floor to ceiling windows and doors that completely open up to outside. Sterling Productions did a fantastic job with mood lighting and even had a fog machine for when the dancing kicked off. SO cool! The tables were decorated elegantly and the dessert table looked scrumptious! Nothing Bundt Cakes Temecula provided the treats for the evening. PS — Check out that napkin fold!!
Overall, Bree + Daren’s wedding was perfect! Also, I cannot wait to capture another wedding at Oak Mountain Winery. They are the BEST!
To view more images from the day, please click here.
Venue: Oak Mountain Winery
Coordination + Design: Events by Annette
Dj + Lighting: Sterling Productions
Cake: Nothing Bundt Cakes
Catering: Vineyard Catering
AM Photo Team: Christa + Allie